MAR COPPER-PRO NCN 35
The MAR COPPER-PRO NCN 35 Pyrophosphate Copper solution can be used in place of cyanide or acid copper in a wide variety of functional and decorative applications. These include electroforming, printed circuit boards and plating on properly prepared metals. These include steel, zinc-based die-castings and aluminum. It can also be used as a selective stop-off for heat treating.
The MAR COPPER-PRO NCN 35 may be used to deposit copper on active metals for both decorative and industrial purposes with varying thicknesses. The appearance of the deposits can range from a bright matte to a bright copper finish with the use of the unique brightener additive. It is well suited to both rack and barrel operation.
Some of the advantages of the alkaline non cyanide copper system are as follows:
- Contains no cyanides.
- Speed of deposition.
- Tolerant of impurities.
- Ductile smooth deposit.
- Excellent macro-throwing power.
- Good adhesion on aluminum and stainless steel.
- Wide range of operating conditions.
Plating Solution Make Up
Make-Up With Liquid Concentrates
Please note that the information above for this chemical is partial. Click the button below to request full technical information sheet.
- Half fill plating tank with clean water, preferably distilled or deionized.
- Add, in order, for each 100 gallons of plating solution, stirring after each addition:
- 3.5 gallons Compound 35-A
- 33.3 gallons Compound 35-B
- 0.5 gallon ammonium hydroxide, C.P.
- Hang clean un-bagged (oxygen free or rolled phosphorized) anodes in tank.
- Add water to operating level, preferably 15 cm. (6") below tank rim, turn on agitation (air or solution recirculation) and filtration. Heat to 54.4°C (130°F).
- Check pH. If above 8.5, lower to 8.3 with Compound 35-L and if below 8.2, raise with cautious additions of a dilute, approximately 50 g/litre (6.67 oz./gal.) potassium hydroxide solution.
- Check ratio P2O7/Cu and adjust as necessary.
- If additional leveling and brightness are desired, add 1 ml/litre of NCN 35 Brightener for each 100 gallons of plating solution.
- Plate a rack of "dummy" panels under normal operating conditions to check solution performance.
Request Technical Information Sheet